Coronavirus Safety Guidance & Appointment Information for Clients
(Please note that the following information is in addition to our main salon Terms & Conditions and that these should also be referred to prior to making your appointment).
We would respectfully invite all clients and visitors to read our Salon Safety Guidance and Coronavirus Booking Terms ahead of making your appointment and visit to Petra.
This is to ensure the safety and welfare of all Clients and our Team Members as well as to offer an efficient booking experience and be able to accommodate all service demand.
1) Clients can be seen by appointment only. We are unable to accommodate Walk-In Clients. Requests for appointments may continue to be made online using the Book Now button or alternatively by email, telephone or via our social pages.
2) We reserve the right to amend or change appointment times booked online, where these will not allow adequate time for increased cleaning and sanitisation schedules or where client distancing capacity is compromised.
3) Due to increased demand and reduced appointment capacity, all bookings will require a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit to be paid by card payment or bank transfer at the time of booking to secure your chosen time and date. Without this, your booking will unfortunately be cancelled.
4) If you have used any home hair colouring or chemical products on your hair since your last salon visit then please advise us at the time of booking as a strand test may be required. Failure to advise us may result in your appointment being refused or rescheduled if we believe it is unsafe to proceed. The salon cannot be held responsible for any adverse hair or scalp reactions if you fail to provide this information.
5) Depending on the date of your last visit, you may now require an updated Patch Test. Please mention this when booking and allow extra time to have this completed prior to your appointment date.
6) We reserve the right to amend or change your chosen service to one more appropriate for your needs (this may incur a higher price) where we believe this is necessary to allow for increased hair growth as well as additional product and time required.
7) Due to ever rising salon operating costs as well as the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic imposing reduced capacity and increased service times, we regretfully have no choice but to implement a price increase on all services effective 15 July 2020. We thank you for your understanding in this regard and rest assured you will continue to receive the same fabulous hair, nails, lashes, makeup and skin care we have always delivered using only the best quality products.
Arrival At The Salon
1) Please wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitiser upon arrival at the salon
2) Please bring minimal personal items such as bags and jackets as our Cloakroom will be closed at the present time and we are unable to store them.
3) Please attend your appointment alone unless you are booked with another member of your Household Bubble which will be confirmed at booking stage. We regret that due to physical distancing, we do not have the space to accommodate other non-client family members, friends or children.
4) Please do not bring pets to the Salon
5) Please arrive at your allocated appointment time and should you arrive early we regret that we will not be able to admit you into the salon until your appointment time.
During Your Appointment
1) Please wear a face mask during your appointment. You will be able to remove this for small periods for certain activities such as drinking or where styling necessitates. Should you be unable to wear a face mask for medical reasons, please advise us ahead of your appointment so that we can take additional precautions.
2) Please observe all directional signage and physical distancing markers especially at our Reception and Waiting areas.
3) Magazines and other brochures have been removed to facilitate infection control but you are welcome to bring your own reading material and we have Wi-Fi!
4) A reduced list of refreshments will be available for you but regrettably we are unable to serve open food. If you are booked for a lengthy appointment we would recommend planning ahead and bringing necessary food and drink items with you.
5) Please sit only where indicated by Salon staff and your Stylist as certain seats will not be in use to facilitate physical distancing.
6) Please move around the salon cautiously and take care to avoid others and maintain a physical distance whenever possible.
7) The use of bathrooms will be limited to one person or client at a time and please remember to re-sanitise your hands when re-entering the salon area from the bathroom or treatment studios.
8) Wherever possible you will be asked to pay for your service using contactless payment methods and for those clients with online bookings, we will ask to collect your payment using your Fresha Plus stored payment details (with your consent of course!). Should a contactless method not be suitable for you, we are still able to accept cash payment.
We regret that we are unable to accept staff gratuities by card or contactless payment but secured plastic wallets will remain available for cash gratuities and these will be sanitised.
Good To Know
1) Our Team Members will be wearing face visors and disposable aprons when in contact with you.
2) Gloves will be worn for certain tasks.
3) We have introduced increased and enhanced cleaning and sanitisation of the salon, tools and equipment and treatment studios as well as the bathrooms and high touch points.
4) Our Team have all received Covid-19 Safety Awareness Training and have been instructed on the necessary control measures and minimising virus transmission.
5) Hand Sanitiser will be available in the Salon and in all Treatment Studios.
6) Wherever possible, we will be using disposable gowns, aprons and towels for clients and we thank you for your understanding in this regard.
How Can You Help?
1) Please make allowances for any reduction in our usual standard of luxury and aesthetic. Where we have introduced disposable items or removed items we believe this is necessary for your safety and that of our Team.
2) Please be patient with our team members and allow us the extra time required for cleaning and sanitisation. This may mean that there will be a little more waiting.
3) Please allow extra time for payment and transactions at Reception and where another client is waiting please remain distanced and allow them to pass or leave before approaching the desk.
4) Please be patient if we take a little longer to reply to messages and enquiries. Demand is very high at the current time and we will deal with your enquiry as quickly as possible.
5) Please observe the safety protocols in place and ensure you do not deviate from them.
6) Please contact the Salon immediately if you have developed any of the published symptoms including a new and persistent cough, high temperature, sudden loss of taste or smell.
Where this is the case you should NOT attend your appointment and we will gladly reschedule this for you.
7) Most of all please continue to enjoy your PETRA experience and rejoice in having fresh hair, lashes, nails and skin care again. We hope these changes won’t be forever and that we can return to the PETRA we all know and love.
Until then stay distanced but present with us.....
Thank you for your continued support and loyalty during these times.